The Greater Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce advocates pro-business policies and legislation that helps businesses in the area grow and prosper. Shaping public policy is the cornerstone of the Chamber’s advocacy program. The Chamber works with local businesses and policy makers to create and protect competitive advantage for business in the Greater Idaho Falls area.
The Greater Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce, thanks to the support of our Advocacy Sponsors is proud to invest in advocacy activities which include, but are not limited to:
- Community to Capital Advocacy Visit to Washington D.C. – A week-long visit by local community leaders that includes interactions with our Idaho Federal Delegation, various DOE, DOD, and Appropriations staff, INL Contractors, and visits with US Chamber of Commerce and International Economic Development Council.
GIFCC Legislative Committee
- Weekly Video Conference Calls during the Idaho Legislative Session with our local legislators, and monthly meetings the rest of the year.
- Brown Bag Educational Sessions with Local, State & Federal elected officials.
- Publication of the Annual Legislative Priorities, which is distributed to all Idaho Legislators each January outlining our Chambers public policy positions.
- Host Annual Bookmark Preview, where our legislative committee meets with our legislators to discuss our bookmark priorities prior to the start of the session.
- Host Annual Legislative Chamber Luncheon where our legislators recap the session for our membership.
- Host Annual State of the Cities Chamber Luncheon, which offers an opportunity for our members to hear from the Mayors of Ammon, Idaho Falls, Iona and Ucon.
- Weekly Idaho Session Email Updates
- Quarterly Advocacy E-Newsletter
Member of the Idaho Chamber Alliance
- Lobbyist to help further issues for Idaho Chambers.
- Idaho Chamber Alliance Chamber Days at the Legislature – A two day conference in Boise that includes speakers on state issues and interactions with Idaho’s legislators. Also during this event, GIFCC hosts our annual Legislative Dinner where Idaho Falls area attendees meet and visit with our local legislators.
- Idaho Chamber Alliance Regional Legislative Summit – Annual regional event where our Chamber members, legislative committee members and local elected officials discuss public policy priorities for our communities.
Membership in the US Chamber of Commerce and Idaho Association of Commerce and Industry* – Membership in these organizations keep us abreast of state and national business and economic issues, as well as access to additional advocacy resources.
*Membership in the US Chamber of Commerce and the Idaho Association of Commerce and Industry is NOT support for the PAC’s of these organizations, which make financial campaign contributions and are also separately funded organizations from their parent organizations.
Advocacy Committee Council
- Banking & Finance – Bank of Commerce – Holy Giyles
- Business Services – Moffatt Thomas – Jery Steinquist
- Construction & Real Estate – Associated General Contractors – Richie Bonney
- Economic Development – City of Idaho Falls – Dana Briggs
- Education (K – 12) – School District #93 – Scott Woolstenhulme
- Education (Higher Education) – Idaho State University – Ann Howell
- Education ( Higher Education) – Eastern Idaho Technical College – Rick Aman
- Hospitality & Tourism – Candlewood Suites – Dana Bracknell
- INL – BEA – Cal Ozaki
- Manufacturing & Engineering – Melaleuca – Rusty Cannon
- Non-Profit & Social Services – EICAP – Jay Doman
- Utilities – Rocky Mountain Power – Tim Solomon