The Greater Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors are the welcoming arm of the Chamber. Ambassador’s conduct Ribbon Cutting ceremonies for new members, deliver yearly membership renewal and updating packets to existing members, and assist at all Chamber events and programs as volunteers and advocates for the Chamber.
Assisting the Chamber in Retaining Members
Mission: To assist the Chamber in recognizing, retaining and recruiting Chamber members.
- Educate members about the services and benefits of Chamber membership, resulting in increased member retention.
- Foster new member engagement in Chamber programs, events and committees.
- Serve Chamber members and the greater community by utilizing an elite corps of volunteers who are professional in every manner and who, through their representation, establish and maintain the Chamber’s reputation.
- Nurture quality, long-lasting relationships.
Ambassador Selection Process:
Ambassadors are selected through an application process. Applicants are evaluated based on the application information, professionalism and Chamber involvement. Applications will be reviewed monthly.
Because Ambassadors provide much of the face-to-face interaction with members, it is important they be experienced Chamber participants. To ensure the quality of the program, Ambassador applicants must be employees of a business that has been a chamber member for at least one year. Applicants must also be an employee with their current employer for at least 1 year. Allowances may be made for an individual with demonstrated Chamber participation with a former employer or a Chamber from another community.
Meeting Times: 2nd and 4th Monday of each month, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m., locations vary.
Ambassador Leadership Team:
Chair/President – Dan Norton
Vice Chair/Vice President – Michelle Covert
Secretary – Elyse Powell
Chamber Staff Liaison: Lois Mackes
Registration: $100.00 per year, non-refundable (pro-rated quarterly for new members)
Lunch Costs: $11 average – Held at various Chamber Member Businesses/Restaurants
Benefits to Ambassadors:
- Official Ambassador name badge
- Ambassador “Members Supporting Members” visitation cards
- Ambassador “Thank You” visitation cards
- Attend reception w/new member companies
- Invitation to Ambassador-only social events
- Individual recognition and awards
Individual Ambassador Commits to:
- To represent the GIFCC in a professional manner, including dress
- Attend 50% of Ambassador semi-monthly lunch meetings, socials, and Ribbon Cuttings
- Ambassador Connect Program: Make visits & calls to current and new GIFCC members
- Support (50% attendance) at Chamber Business After Hours and Luncheon Events
- Mentor new Ambassadors
- Share potential new member leads with the Chamber staff
- Each month the GIFCC will provide a list of Chamber members who have recently renewed their membership
- Each Ambassador will have the choice of participating and how many members to “Connect” with
- The Ambassador will make contact with the assigned members and receive points that vary depending on whether it is in person, an e-mail or by phone
- The Ambassador will represent and promote involvement with the GIFCC
- The Ambassador will report back any pertinent information from the visits to the GIFCC.
- The Ambassador will need to complete the visits within 30 days of accepting the assignment
Rewards & Recognitions:
- Ambassador of the Month: Recognized with certificate for free Out of the Box Lunch
- Ambassador of the Quarter: Recognized and receive a $50 gift card
- Ambassador of the Year: Recognized with award at the Chamber’s Annual Membership Meeting held in January
- Attend Chamber Luncheon: 5 points
- Attend Chamber Business After Hours: 10 points
- Attend Ambassador Luncheon/Leadership Mtgs.: 20 points
- Work Special Event: 25 points
- Ribbon Cutting/Grand Opening: 20 points
- Open House: 10 points
- Recruit New Ambassador: 25 points
- Recruit New Chamber Member: 50 points
- Be an Ambassador Mentor: 5 points
- Connect: 40 points