The Greater Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce is always eager to welcome a new business to our organization and introduce you to the community. Ribbon Cuttings are great way to increase your company’s visibility and establish meaningful relationships. Contact the chamber today to schedule your ribbon cutting.
Ribbon Cutting Guidelines
What qualifies for a ribbon cutting?
- New Chamber Member
- Opened its doors within the past six months
- Moved to a new location due to expansion
- Has remodeled or expanded its current location
- Celebrating a major milestone or anniversary
What are the benefits of holding a ribbon cutting?
- Introduce both the public and Chamber members to your business
- Announce your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Community Calendar
- Familiarize the public and Chamber members with your physical location, products, and services
- Opportunity to thank your contractors, lenders, and supporters
- Begin a customer base
- Generate leads and sales from attendees
Is the ribbon cutting my business’s event or a Chamber event?
This is your event. The Chamber will gladly assist you with the following:
- List your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Event Calendar and social media sites
- Have a Chamber Ambassador provide congratulatory remarks
- Provide a list of Chamber member caterers
- Bring the “giant scissors” and ribbon
- Take pictures at the event
While the Chamber will extend the above mentioned services and list your ribbon cutting on our Event Calendar, we strongly encourage you to conduct your own PR campaign to increase the attendance and awareness of your business’s opening. You should also consider inviting your business partners, financiers, contractors, employees, customers, friends, and family to be with you to celebrate this momentous occasion in your business’s history.
Here are some guidelines to help your ribbon cutting become a success
- Schedule your ribbon cutting with the Greater Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce Membership Director at least 2 weeks in advance of the ribbon cutting event.
- Provide the membership director with a page of information about your company for use by the Ambassadors at the ribbon cutting ceremony.
- Plan your ribbon cutting during regular business hours (9 am – 5 pm) Monday through Friday.
- Lunch time is a great time to schedule your ribbon cutting ceremony.
- Avoid scheduling your ribbon cutting during holidays. Try to avoid Monday mornings and Friday afternoons for your ceremony.
- Refreshments, door prizes, demonstrations, tours and raffles are not required but can enhance the event.